Application for faulty of NMIS for Short Courses
SEEKS APPLICATIONS AS HANDS ON/EXPERT/PROFESSION FACULTY FOR
DEVELOPMENT OF MODULS/COURSE MATERIAL & CONDUCT OF SHORT COURSES
1. This prestigious Institute of Shipping was set up in 1969 under the joint auspices of Government of India and Indian Shipping Industry. The Governing Council of the institute includes nominees of Shipping, Finance & Education Ministry, National Shipping Board, D.G. Shipping and representatives of INSA, SCI, FICCI, ASSOCHAM and other interests in shipping and logistics industry.
2. The Institute conducts two years courses for Fellowship and Post Graduate Diploma in Shipping Management & Logistics (PDSM & L). The Government of India has given recognition to a pass in the Fellowship/Diploma in Shipping as desirable qualification for initial recruitment. The 1st year course includes subjects such as Commercial and Shipping Law, Shipping Practice, Current Shipping Environment, Shipping Economics & Shipping Finance and Geography of Sea Transport. The 2nd year course includes subjects such as Risk Management & Marine Insurance, Law of Sea Transport, Chartering, Liner Trade & Multimodal Transport and Logistic Management. The subject wise syllabus is available on website www.nmis.net.
3. Students have a choice of either pursuing the regular course for which 75% attendance is mandatory. Alternatively they can join the Distance Learning Program (DLP) for which the contact classes are normally held in January. Students undertaking DLP are required to Answer 2/3 model test papers as an assignment. Virtual live class through Webex has also been started for DLP students. For class students the classes are conducted on weekends. Study material for each subject is given to both regular and DLP categories of students. In the last year, the Institute enrolled over 450 students in the 1 st year. Similarly in the last year over 220 students were enrolled for second year.
4. The Institute also develop/design modules and conduct short courses as per the requirement of the Organizations for their junior/middle/senior level executives. Such courses are developed/designed & conducted for five, three, two or one days or some times for a period of ten days or fortnight also.
5. The NMIS is now intending to design & conduct one to five days (Monday to Friday) structured/generic short courses to be used by the employees of various shipping & related industries on the following subjects :-
(a) Chartering (Dry Cargo);
(b) Chartering (Tanker);
(c) RSPL (Recruit & Placement Service);
(d) Port Management;
(e) Risk Management & Maritime Insurance.
(f) Marine Survey;
(g) Alternate Dispute Resolution;
(h) Shipping Agency;
(i) Dry Bulk Cargo;
(j) Liquid Cargo (Crude Oil / Products/ Chemicals);
(k) IMDG Cargo;
(l) Maritime Law, Accidents, Wrecks, Arrest of vessel, Claims & Recoveries.
(m) Bills of Lading;
(n) Logistic pertaining to shipping;
(o) Supply Chain Management;
(p) Cost control in shipping;
(q) Finance Management in Shipping.
(r) Containerised Shipping Management.
(s) Practical Aspects of Chartering Management.
(t) General Shipping Management course for junior executives.
(u) General Shipping Management course for middle/senior level executives.
6. The institute is seeking applications from the hands on/practicing/working professionals or experienced faculty on the above subjects to (1) Develop/Design Modules/Course Material; and (2) Conduct of short courses at NMIS Headquarters at Nariman Point, Mumbai-400021.
7. The selected faculty/experts would be compensated suitably at market rate for developing the modules/course material and also conducting the classes.
8. Aspirants are requested to complete the application in the format (link placed below) and submit the same so as to reach NMIS by 30 th April, 2019.
Capt M. M. Saggi
Tel : +91 97 6940 4098 / Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org